GENOSER is the leading civil engineering design firm in the renewable wind energy sector, with more than 5728,1 MW of domestic work completed and 1749 realized wind turbine projects.
– Static design of wind turbine foundation.
– Wind turbine foundation soil investigation and geotechnical consultancy
– Wind turbine foundation project consultancy and control services
– Monitoring the structural integrity of the existing wind turbine towers
Wind turbine foundation design is one of essential expertise of GENOSER.
Our company, works with international companies such as Nordex Energy, Siemens Gamesa besides domestic/foreign investors besides. Our projects were reviewed and approved by wind turbine manufacturers’ engineering departments, international independent consultancy control offices and universities.
Wind turbine foundation design.
The wind turbine foundation is the most critical transfer structure between the tower and the load-bearing layer of the soil. Since it is not a standard foundation, it is a special foundation that is exposed to external forces and fatigue affects millions of times during the service life of the tower (approximately 25 years). GENOSER generally designs wind turbine foundations in circular form and presents them to investors.
This design is the most suitable geometry against the variable direction effect of the wind.
Required mold surfaces can be optimized and reduced.
Significant savings on the required amount of the concrete and the reinforcing bars.
Installation of reinforcements can be done easily in harmony with the anchor cage.
Approximately 50 inspections and controls are carried out on the basis of wind turbines.
The comprehensive analysis includes all section investigations of service and limit state, fatigue analysis for concrete and construction steel.
Since the bearing capacity of the ground is limited, a special foundation design is made for each site.
Base size change is not the only alternative for weak ground, ground improvement solutions are also offered.
- Design criteria belongs to turbine supplier
- TDTH-2018; Turkiye Earthquake Hazard Maps, Republic of Türkiye Ministry of Environment, Urbanization and Climate Change
- TS 500: Requirements For Design And Construction Of Reinforced Concrete Structures
- EN 61400-1 ( IEC 61400-1 ) Wind Turbines – Part 1: Design Requirements
- EN 1991-1-1: 2002- Actions on Structures
- EN 1992-1-1: 2004- Design of Concrete Structures
- EN 1993-1-1: 2005 Design of steel structures
- Eurocode 7: EN 1997-1: 2004 Geotechnical Design
- DNV/ Riso Guidelines for Design of Wind Turbines (2nd Edition)
- EN 206-1: 2006 Concrete Part 1: Specification, performance, production and conformity
- ACI 318- 05: Building Code Requirements for Structural Concrete (with particular emphasis on Chapter 15- “Footings”)
- Post Tensioning Institute: Recommendations for Prestressed Rock and Soil Anchors
The content of our wind turbine basic designs includes the following verifications as a minimum.
- Main reinforcement
- Shear reinforcement
- Anchorage reinforcement
- Punching verification
- Tensile splitting reinforcement calculation
- Crack control
- Concrete compressive stress control
- Grout compressive stress control under base plate
- Concrete compressive stress control over anchorage plate
- Fatigue verifications
- Soil controls (rotation, shear, eccentricity, soil allowable bearing control, relative rotation, settlement, etc.)
After the comprehensive analysis of the wind turbine foundations, site application drawings are prepared.
In the prepared application drawings, detailed foundation formwork plan, foundation section reinforcement openings and reinforcement layout plans and assembly tables are presented.
The quality of the sol is an important parameter while the design of the fondation of wind turbines, The geotechnical and soil inverstigation report can be offered in addition to the Preparation of Site-Specific Soil Improvement Project.
Wind turbine foundation project consultancy – control; Comprehensive inspection and compliance inspection services are provided for the projects prepared by the investors or for which they receive service, according to local ground conditions and international/local design regulations.
In the field applications of the wind turbine foundation, checking the suitability of the reinforcement for the project, concrete-construction steel samples etc. to the investors. technical consultancy services are provided.
It is within our scope of service to organize the conformity inspection and quality control stages of existing foundations that have had problems in their application, and to determine the reinforcement methods when necessary.
Structural Health Monitoring involves observing and analyzing a system over time using periodically sampled response measurements to monitor changes in the material and geometric properties of engineering structures.
What are we measuring?
- Tower Vibration (Period/ Frequency)
- Tower Slope
- Tower Vertical Movement